Monday, July 26, 2010

Elizabeth Tobias' images and proposal











Elizabeth Tobias

TEL: 213-479-4026

EMAIL: eliztobias@yahoo.com

Lisa Randall Project

My current life is consumed by motherhood, family and the roles, points of view, and interconnections experienced by each of the three of us. For this project, I will create a 3-channel video totem piece, emblematic of a Rashomon story, created by attaching a video camera to the heads of my 2 year-old daughter, my husband and myself as we go-about certain family activities together. I will explore both the scale from which we experience our surroundings, and also the points of interest/ points of view experienced by each of us. The video monitors will be installed in the gallery at the height of each person to represent the point of view from which the footage was taken. I will loop a montage of activities such as going to the grocery store, the park and walking down the street. I would like to investigate how we are together, yet apart and what we see from where our bodies exist in relationship to the surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment