Thursday, July 22, 2010

B Parmet's statement, images, link

Making an unseen world seen has always been the purview of the artist and the physicist. Showing the relationship of humans to their environment is a crucial part of my image making process. Scale is a useful tool for clarifying that relationship. In my recent Levitation series, I have used small natural objects and scaled them 10 times their original size in order to illuminate their unique structures. By levitating them I have isolated these objects in space so as better to see them. The images appear as if I have eliminated the gravitational forces that usually hold them to the ground. By using this “magic trick” to play with the impossible, I hope to enliven our capacity to perceive what is everywhere around us.

Creating community through collaborative partnerships is one of my strong suits. Working in a multidisciplinary creative process pushes both art and science beyond the usual boundaries. I would love to add my skills to this exciting project.

Barbara Parmet

my other work may be viewed at http://www.barbaraparmet.com

bparmet@silcom.com

805-962-8928









No comments:

Post a Comment