Sunday, August 8, 2010

Katrina's Gear Idea



Hi Everyone,

I've been working on some simple digital sketches of my idea for the show. In my photo installations, I create visual metaphors for the emotion captured in my video footage. This concept combines video stills from different footage using the imagery of gears. Each gear would be created from different video footage, therefore providing variety of color, visual texture, composition within each photo, etc. Although each picture would be small (4x4" or smaller) the gear sizes would be large (maybe 24" diameter and up). So there would be two views of this piece, from a distance to see the gears, up close to see the individual images. Here are some mock-ups to give you the general idea. The final versions would be more refined and complex, this is just a sketch to give the general idea.

I think there are a few different options for where something like this could go in the gallery. I figure this could be figured out on Tuesday, assuming you all like the idea.
1) On the outer windows so that it would be viewed from outside. I still research how much this would cost and make sure I could afford pulling it off, but I wanted to have the mockup before speaking with the sign companies.
2)On one of the larger gallery walls...not sure which one.
3) When I mentioned gears to Zig he asked, "Will they be moving?" I love that idea, so the other idea is having them as a video piece so that they were actually spinning. Zig, this is something we could talk about more together.

Please let me know your thoughts, questions, etc. Just wanted to get these ideas out there before we met.

Thanks!
Katrina



No comments:

Post a Comment